|July 2014||About representation of estimated lifetime|
|September 2012||Mitsubishi Kagaku Media to Offer Enterprise Grade 100GB BD-R BDXL™ for Archive|
|September 2012||Formation of a Cooperative Alliance for Building a Framework for Optical Disc Archives|
|April 2012||Mitsubishi Kagaku Media Enterprise Grade BD-R 50GB for Archive to be released|
|March 2012||CeBIT 2012 : Showed a new BD burner and a BD-R DL 50GB, specifically designed for long-term archival|
The BD format gives peace of mind for future support.
Recorded data can be retrieved with any consumer BD drives. The media does not use a special format.
|Model||Archive model BD-R DL||Archive model BD-R TL|
|Recording layer||Metal Ablative Layer (MABL)|
|Track pitch||0.32 microns|
|Data transfer rate||36Mbps (1x) to 144Mbps (4x)|
|Label||Non-printable label and ink-jet printable label|
|Packaging||A pair of 25p cakeboxes in a carton (50pcs/carton)|
- 1. General notes regarding the handling of BD Discs
- 1) When holding a disc, please ensure that you do not leave fingerprints on the surface.
- 2) Please ensure that the disc's surface does not get scratched or dirty.
- 3) Please keep discs free of condensation.
- 4) Please do not bend or drop discs.
- 5) Please do not leave a disc inside a device for a long period of time.
- 6) When writing titles and other information on a disc's label side, please use a felt pen or other soft tipped pen.
- 7) Please do not stick protective films or labels onto discs.
- 8) Please store discs inside their cases.
- 9) Please store discs away from dust and direct sunlight. Storage conditions of 10 - 25°Celsius, 40 - 60% humidity are appropriate.
- 2. Defects caused during manufacturing
- In the unlikely event that recorded data is lost due to a manufacturing defect, the manufacturer shall not be held responsible for such loss of data.
- 3. Use with drives other than Pioneer professional BD drive, BDR-PR1/BDR-PR1M
- The recording characteristics of our professional archive discs are optimized for Pioneer's professional BD drive, BDR-PR1/BDR-PR1M. Accordingly, no guarantee of recording quality or correct operation can be given when using drives other than BDR-PR1/BDR-PR1M.